Barristers and Chambers
The Bar Council representing barristers in England and Wales have partnered with Riliance for the delivery of the Data Protection and GDPR Readiness Project.
To achieve compliance with the new Data Protection regulation the process will be split up into two stages
Understanding & Assessment
The GDPR Readiness Project starts with understanding the incoming GDPR regulation and the current provisions you and your Chambers have in place. To facilitate this Riliance, in partnership with the Bar Council for England and Wales, have created a package to support Barrister and Chambers which will include:
- A GDPR Toolkit that includes a complete overview of the GDPR requirements and the Bar Council’s guidance note. This pack also includes template forms, policies and procedures you will be able to adapt and utilise in preparing for GDPR ahead of May 2018.
- You will also have access to Riliance’s audit module. The module will include two assessment forms to serve as a benchmark for:
- Your existing Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) provisions – the regulation that is currently in effect.
- Identifying the gap between the above provisions and achieving GDPR compliance by May 2018.
These resources are available to you without cost and will be made available from November 15th onwards. If you would like to receive these please click the link below to register your interest.
Implementation & Documentation
Your GDPR toolkit will include a range of materials to support you with the implementation and documentation of your GDPR readiness project. If, however, you find you would like additional support, training or systems putting in place to achieve your GDPR compliance Riliance are on hand to assist you.
We are already supporting numerous individuals and organisations to meet these new obligations and have a range of services available including:
- Risk and Compliance Software – Building on the principles of the audit module, the expanded version of the system is designed to easily manage your regulatory, and GDPR, requirements from one central location.
- E-Learning – Online courses in GDPR awareness
- Consultancy – A team of exports able to guide you through the regulation, or even take on the work on your behalf.
If you would like more information on the services please contact us at email@example.com and a member of the team will be in touch.